Friday 14 June 2013

I'm Still Here!

Hi Bloggers and Crafters

It's been a while since I last posted but I have been really busy with many Birthday cards and Wedding Stationary. I love writing this blog but unfortunately when busy that has to come first and I will always post something eventually so bear with me.
Here's a card I made recently to celebrate a 30th Birthday. My brief was girlie which is always music to my ears.

I love this colour combo. The papers were Kaisercraft's TigerLily. The card is an 8"x 8" easel made from some Crafter's Companion Centura Pearl (16"x16"). It is matted and layered and then the last mat is folded back and I inserted a heavily patterned piece in the space. The lace was from my stash. I think it came from The Craftz Boutique.
 Tucked inside the rolled back piece of card are lots of little paper roses made from the same papers and the Coordinations card I used to mat and layer. They were made using Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms (one of my favs). My Husband thinks I spend every waking hour making flowers and I probably do but I'm super fast these with a quilling tool!! At the front of the rolled back card I used a Heartfelt Creations Die called Decorative Butterfly Corner to cover the fold and make it look a little like a bouquet. I added some pink ribbon to complete the look (ribbon from stash). I used the second and fourth largest dies from Spellbinders 5x7 Matting Basics Sets A and B to make the large sentiment panel on the card front and the matching box. The sentiments were stamped in my usual way with stamps from Waltzing Mouse.
The bottom of the easel is matted in the same way with some more of the roses and the leaves from the same die set. There are actually 30 roses on the card in total. I used Spellbinders Ribbon Banners Large and cut two to create a shadow. I used my Justrite Alphabet Stamp Set to spell out the recipients name and I cut the large 30 on my Cricut (Storybook cartridge). I finished off with some My Mind's Eye pearl flourishes that I cut down to suit. 
 
The seemingly random shots of the back of the card should feature here and not up there but Blogger was playing up and wouldn't let me move them. Isn't that always the way when your in a rush because forty other things are vying for your attention. They show a Spellbinders Ornate Square die cut that holds a tag made from Our Daily Bread Designs Bookmarks Dies (the dies are made by Spellbinders). I've started doing this on easel cards as all the embellishing makes it so hard for people to write on the back of the card and this seems to solve the problem.
Hope you like it. Thanks for looking. I will be back soon.
Have a fantastic weekend and Happy Father's Day for Sunday to all the lovely Dads out there. I've sent my love up to Heaven. Happy Fathers Day Dad xxxx.
Michelle x.

No comments:

Post a Comment