Saturday 18 May 2013

Moving!!

  
Hi folks. Glad its the weekend, aren't you? Well I'm still super busy and now I'm moving my craft room from a downstairs room to a spare bedroom upstairs. I have basically outgrown the downstairs space and need a little more room. I'm ashamed to say I can't even get near my desk at the moment as that pile of "to do's" and stuff to put away has just got bigger and bigger and now it's toppled over and I don't have the energy to address it knowing I've no where to put most of it! Anyway everything I'm making at the moment is half finished. Do you do that? Or is it just me? I never do one thing at a time which is sometimes my downfall! Anyway I thought I'd show you a card I made a while ago as at least that's finished and that's what you want to see right? This was actually an Anniversary card I made for someone but I guess given the purpley red colour it would make a nice Valentines card too.

 
 The beautiful flourish in the corner is not my from usual go to Spellbinders dies but I saw it at a Craft show and just loved it and had to have it. It is actually a Cheery Lynn die called Victorian Romance Flourish. The one thing for me that's sets Spellbinders apart from other dies is the embossed detail and whilst this is still a pretty die it doesn't have that embossing which leaves the die cut a little flat and one dimensional. I am slowly succumbing to other die manufacturers but Spellbinders will always be number one in my opinion.
 Speaking of which I used Spellbinders Lace Doily Motifs and cut two of the largest die in the set in order to make two square shapes into the rectangle shape I needed. I also used Labels Twenty Nine and you can just about see it behind the sentiment which was taken from a Simple Stories paper collection. It's unusual for me to do this as I like to stamp my sentiments but it was such a lovely sentiment and they just don't make stamps that say everything you need and if they did it would cost a small fortune and the storage...well I wont go there eh!
The patterned and the cream card used was Kanban. The red coloured card was Co ordinations. The cream card was embossed with Couture Creations Tied Together folder. The red border with the hearts cut out was from the Spellbinders Edges and Inserts dies. I can't tell you what they're called as I just put all the sets on two A4 magnetic sheets and didn't write the names on! The hearts, which technically are the waste, were used to embellish the flourish and to even up the card on the eye I placed the other two in the top corner. The card was finished with some thick ribbon from my stash and a Prima pearl flourish. Unfortunately I didn't write down what I used to make this card. I always do now and recommend you keep a record of items, dies, paper etc that you use on each project so you can look back and find something easier. Don't do what I'm doing now and try to recall from memory, it will drive you nuts!! The centre piece on the ribbon were pieces cut with Spellbinders and when I come across them I'll let you know what they are but for the life of me I just can't remember! Call yourself a Spellbinders fan!!! The centre piece is a button from Webster's Pages.
As always the box to house the card. Two sheets of A4 Kanban cardstock. The tendrills are left overs from the Cheery Lynn flourish. The mystery die again! Also Spellbinders Spiral Blossom One. The stamp used is from Clarity Stamps.
Have a great weekend whatever you are doing. Back soon
Michelle x.

No comments:

Post a Comment