Thursday 30 May 2013

More Fathers Day craftiness!

Hi crafty people. I'm finally getting back on track and catching up with a few makes. Today I thought I'd show you another Father's Day card as it's right around the corner (16th June in case you come from Mars!!). This card was pretty easy to finish quite quickly and amazingly, and unusually for me, only involves one Spellbinders die.
I love the colour combo and I think you could use it for a female card also. Maybe just use more ornate dies, and flower dies of course!
It all began with a humble piece of Kraft card (Creative Expressions, courtesy of Create and Craft) and onto this I layered a ledger piece of paper (My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose Hattie "Remember" Roses paper) and placed a layer of the Kraft card onto this. I then layered a strip each of My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose Gertie "You & Me" Numbers paper (top strip)) and My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Breeze "Boyish" Plaid paper). All papers were distressed at the edges with scissors and inked with Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers Distress ink.
I then wrapped three different colours of Seam Binding (AngelCrafts Embellishment Kit) around the layers and used the remainder to make a double bow. I then used Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges dies and cut four pieces out starting with the largest die in the pack. I then layered these up placing then at various angles and stuck them down with Pinflair glue for dimension.
I then used a sentiment stamp from Waltzing Mouse (Man of the Hour set) and used Oregano Adirondack ink and Stamps Away clear embossing powder. I used another sentiment from this set for the inside of the card. I then added a button (AngelCrafts) and threaded it with a kraft coloured twine (Waltzing Mouse) and loosely draped more twine across the front of the card and on top of the matching box.




The matching box was made with the same card and I used my Crafter's Companion Ultimate Pro to construct it. I then used the Distressed Edges dies to add dimension and a home for a further sentiment (Waltzing Mouse). Again I added a button, which I inked along with the other button and draped twine across the front of the box and through the button.
Check out the My Mind's Eye papers. They are fab and honestly calling them papers doesn't do them justice. They are akin to cardstock and were strong enough to make a box that easily holds the weight of this card. The Stella & Rose line has a lovely canvas texture and yet my sentiments stamped beautifully on it. I've had it a while but I'm sure you can get hold of it.
Hope you like it and were inspired to get crafting your own Fathers Day creations.
Back Soon
Michelle x.

No comments:

Post a Comment