Tuesday 7 May 2013

Finally!

Finally! Never thought I'd get here as everything that can get in the way did get in the way but the piece I've been messing (my Husband's word) with over the weekend is done, even though it doesn't have a home yet.
It's a lovely Cuckoo clock kit from Kaisercraft that I have decorated with French Country papers from Graphic 45. It has taken so long because I had to sand the MDF parts down. Then I painted the parts using Kaisercolour paint. I mixed Pistachio and Soft Moss to get the colour I wanted. When that had dried  I painted on a coat of Distress Crackle paint from Ranger and when that took effect I rubbed over with Black Soot Distress ink to give an overall worn and aged look.


Next I set about drawing around, in pencil so I could rub away any unwanted lines later, the various parts. I then cut them all out and went around all the edges with the Black Soot Distress ink. I then stuck them all to their matching MDF pieces and coated each one with a layer of Matt Multi-Medium from Claudine Hellmuth Studio. I then started to cut out elements, such as the rooster, that I wanted to use to decorate as well as using the Spellbinders Jewelled Flowers and Flourishes and Bitty Blossoms.


 
 
The flowers were shaped using an embossing tool and mat and were finished with black sparkly centres from Creative Expressions. The roses were rolled with a quilling tool. All the bits and pieces and flowers were then coated with Matt Multi-Medium. I then used Spellbinders Grand Decorative Circles One to make the centre piece for the clock face and added a circle from patterned paper and som Kaisercraft pearls in pewter to represent the numbers on a clock face.
I then used some Tim Holtz chain and brads to attach the pendulum pieces to the clock and then covered this over with a scalloped MDF trim. I also used the Heartfelt Creations Decorative Chateau Gate for the little window and added two French Country stickers and a chicken I cut out to the inside, mounted from behind the clock. I added a couple of pewter pearls for handles.




 It was then just a case of glueing all the bits where I wanted them and giving everything a further coat of Multi-Medium. I added the clock workings and FINALLY it was done.
 
Well I said come hell or high water I was posting this today and believe me this post has took an age as my server wouldn't download the pictures and now its jumbled them all up so I apolgise if the photo's don't flow as they should. I was just grateful to finally download them. Hope you like it. Back soon
Michelle x.

No comments:

Post a Comment